Friday 7 March 2014

3 Peaks - Final Prep

I have lined up with loads of other cyclists, almost all men, and had my bike checked and registered. I drove to the last climb and did a short 15 minute recon ride. I am snacking throughout the day to keep my carb stores topped up. I have charged all my electronics.

Now I just need to pack my food valet bags, which will be delivered at three spots along the ride. And attend the rider briefing this evening. Then I shall be ready to ride!

The weather forecast is as good as we could hope for. Ten degrees overnight, so it will be a chilly first descent. Then 26 degrees in the valleys and 18 degrees on the peaks, and sunny!

I will be starting around 6:45am Sunday morning (3:45am Perth time!). I hope to finish in around 11 hours, plus or minus 30 min. So I should be done around 7:45pm! (4:45pm Perth time)

I am looking forward to the start!

No comments:

Post a Comment