Tuesday 3 September 2013

Up up and away

Finally I am on my way. ✈

Two bikes packed in bags and checked in, with some of my bulky gear and things that can't go in carry on. TT bike in the bag was 14kg and road bike in the bag, plus assorted gear, was 18kg. Only 2kg over my weight limit which was better than I thought, but I did leave a lot at home!

My carry on bag they also weighed, it was 12kg which is 5kg over the limit! Thankfully they didn't charge me extra for any of my bags. I really did minimise what I packed, only one change of clothes, two sets of every day riding kit, some bike nutrition for my first event, and everything I need to ride. Oh, I also packed a first aid kit as an insurance policy.

First task for when I arrive in Toulouse is shopping - bike shop, clothes and toiletries.

1 comment: